About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 16 December 2022

Day 02: Year-end Trip: Hatyai - Chumphon

"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."

(A brief stop at Route 41)

Day 02: Friday, 16 December 2022

Route: Hat Yai to Chumphon
Distance: 481km 6:30hrs
Hotel: Nana Buri Hotel, Chumphon

(A Muslim restaurant next door)

By 7.30 am we had our breakfast of nasi dagang and roti canai at Restoran Khaled. Around 8.15 am we checked out and drove towards Route 41 R&R. We had a few photo shots before it began to rain quite heavily. 

(A group of Goldwings heading north)
(Raining cats and dogs in Phatthalung)

We met a group of bikers from Malaysia having their breakfast. They were on a 14-day convoy around Thailand. While waiting for the rain to stop we had a cup of steaming hot coffee and hot chocolate with a plate of vege spring rolls. We bought a pair of Route 41 special edition t-shirts for souvenirs.

(A stopover R&R for travellers)
(One of the tourist attractions)
(A popular pit stop for bikers)
(Friendly staff and good halal food)

Our initial plan was to have lunch at Halal Restoran at Thung Son PTT food court but because we were still full, we bypassed Thung Son. Instead we stopped at Esso Ban Na San for a comfort break and solat jamak takdim at a surau within the vicinity of the petrol station. The surau was spacious and clean, equipped with an ablution area. We met a local from Bangkok and performed the jamak prayers together.

(Surat Thani Air Force Base)
(The staircase leading to the O'Valley Convention/Wedding Hall)
(The O'Valley Boutique Hotel)

We made a brief stop at O'Valley Hotel for some photo shots. By then we were quite hungry so we stopped at a PTT near Surat Thani Airforce Base for halal seafood burger, chicken nuggets and chips for lunch. We also bought 2 packs of Poi San for Ella.
(Roti Krup-Krap at Fareda Restaurant)
(Nana Buri Hotel at night, peaceful and quiet)

There were major roadworks along the route causing traffic congestion before entering Chumphon town. About 6.30 pm we arrived at Chumphon Nana Buri Hotel. The hotel rate was B800/night inclusive of complementary breakfast for two. After we checked in, we walked quite a distance to the newly relocated Restoran Fareda Roti.

Tonight we had crispy roti and banana pancake for dinner.

(Spacious and clean room at Nana Buri Hotel)


No comments: