About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 15 September 2014

2014 4x4 Thai Adventure - 11 Hatyai - KL

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go but rather learning to start over..."

(Delicious dishes for breakfast)

Day 11: 15 September 2014 (Monday)
Hatyai - KL
Distance: 533km

We had nasi kerabu and roti canai breakfast at Khalid Restaurant before we checked out. Before we drove out of Hatyai town we drove to the Central Market to buy tid-bits, nuts and a few kilos of fragrance rice.

(Buying sotong and nuts at the market)
(A favorite stop for bikers)

It was raining lightly when we reached the border. Border clearance at Bukit Kayu Hitam was smooth. After refueling at Changlun, we drove south and planned to have lunch at Restaurant Ikan Bawal Ladang Kelapa Sawit at Juru. On the way to Juru the aircon of our 4x4 stopped functioning and we drove to Juru sweating buckets in the heat. We had our lunch first before we went to a nearby aircon service centre to check on the aircon.

(Driving in heavy rain towards the border
(Celebrating Malaysia Day)
(Merdeka Day Run)

At the service centre the mechanic found out that the aircon belt had snapped. A thorough check discovered that 2 other beltings were also in need of change. Unfortunately the shop had no spare aircon belts so we had to wait quite a while for the spare parts to come from Bukit Mertajam.

We waited almost two hours for the mechanic to fix the beltings. Once the aircon was functioning well again, we continued our journey southwards and stopped at Semanggol R&R for solat break.

(Replacing the air-con belt)

We again stopped at Ulu Bernam R&R for solat break and dinner before we continued our journey. We reached Selayang around 22:00 and sent Hayami and Siti back to their home first.

We finally reached our Bidara House around 22:30.

Alhamdulillah...

👈👈 2014: Auckland, New Zealand
2014: Hatyai, Thailand ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: