About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 12 September 2014

2014 4x4 Thai Adventure - 08 Chiang Mai - Suphan Buri

"Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty..."

(The rented bikes ready to be returned)

Day 8: 12 September 2014 (Friday)
Chiang Mai - Suphan Buri
Distance: 613 km

(Visiting Kawasaki Service Centre)

This morning all of the gang had breakfast early. After we checked out of the hotel, the rest brought down their bags and riding gears and packed the boot of the 4x4. We will be driving back to KL with Hayami and Siti via Suphan Buri, Chumphon and Hatyai. The four of them, Shawal, Shanaz, Rozlan and Hj Din, will be staying another night in Chiang Mai and will be flying back tomorrow afternoon.

The rest of the gang went to Kawasaki Service Centre to purchase spare parts for motorbikes which we will bring back to KL in our 4x4. Later they went to Pop Motobike Rental to return their rental bikes. After saying goodbye we left them with a few other bikers who just arrived by flight from KL.

(Fresh longans for the road)
(A nice clear weather)
(Passed by elephant sanctuary)
(Looking out for road signages)

The weather was fine for driving. We arrived at Masjid al-Fattah in Tak when the Friday prayer was about to end. After we performed our zohor/asar prayers, the Imam introduced us to the owner of a Muslim Restaurant who showed us the way to his restaurant. We had nasi ayam and iced tea for lunch. The restaurant is situated by the lake side and opens daily from 09:00 to 15:00.

(The owner of the Muslim Restaurant)
(A nice view of the lake)
(Ice-blended tea and coffee)
(Dark clouds in the sky)

We drove on towards Suphan Buri taking the main highway and reached Suphan Buri town around 19:30 and drove around town to look for a suitable hotel. Tonight we stayed in Khun Suphan Hotel in the centre of town for b700/night.

Tonight we were lucky to meet the owner of Aminah Muslim Restaurant at the hotel lobby. He was delivering some food to Muslim tourists who were staying in the same hotel. We followed him to his restaurant and had nasi and sup ekor dinner there.

(Arriving in Suphan Buri)
(Dinner at Restaurant Aminah)
(A spacious hotel room)

👈👈 2014: Chumphon, Thailand
2014: Chiang Mai, Thailand ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: