About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 22 December 2014

2014 4-Nation Ride: 12 Bangkok

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less..."

(Our reflections in the mirror)

Date: 22 December 2014 (Monday)
Venue: Bangkok
Hotel: Astara Sathorn Hotel

Breakfast was served at the hotel cafe on the second floor.

This morning some riders went to Kawasaki Centre to service their bikes and look for accessories. Some went to the bike spa to wash their dirty muddy bikes. And some opt to stay in the room and slept till it was time for lunch.

(Queue at the BTS counter)
(Respect the elderly and monks)
(Window shopping in Paragon Mall)

Around 13:00 with some others, we walked a short distance to Saphan Taksin BTS station and took the LRT to Siam Station. We went for window shopping in Paragon Mall and had our late lunch at the Royal Indian Restaurant. Later we went to the Hard Rock Cafe to buy some souvenirs.

It was hot, dusty and humid outside, so we decided to take the LRT back to our hotel. We rested the whole afternoon and later with the rest of the gang took the free tourist boat shuttle to Asiatique The Waterfront and had dinner at one small Muslim Restaurant at the main road.

(Waiting to board the free shuttle)
(The view from the shuttle boat)
(A glimpse of Bangkok at night)

We took the free boat shuttle back to our hotel. Tonight we slept early as tomorrow we need to ride out of Bangkok as early as possible to avoid the morning traffic jam.

(Trying to catch some sleep)

No comments: