About Me

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 45 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 14 September 2024

Umrah Day 10: Madinah City Tour

“What each of us believes in is up to us, but life is impossible without believing in something...” - Kentetsu Takamori

(Masjid Quba, the first mosque built)

Day 10: 28/08/24 (Wednesday)
Route: Madinah City Tour
Hotel: Madinah Emaar Elite Hotel

Today we will be joining the Madinah City Tour.

The Quba Mosque is a mosque located in Medina, in the Hejaz region. It was built in the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammad in the 7th century. It is thought to be the first mosque in the world, built on the first day of Prophet Muhammad's migration to Madinah. Praying 2 rakaats at the Quba Mosque equals the reward of doing the Umrah.

قَالَ سَهْلُ بْنُ حُنَيْفٍ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : مَنْ تَطَهَّرَ فِي بَيْتِهِ، ثُمَّ أَتَى مَسْجِدَ قُبَاءَ، فَصَلَّى فِيهِ صَلَاةً كَانَ لَهُ كَأَجْرِ عُمْرَةٍ.

Masjid al-Qiblatain, is a mosque in Madinah believed by Muslims to be the place where the Prophet, Muhammad, received the command to change the Qibla from Jerusalem to Makkah.

Masjid Tujuh or Al-Masajid As-Sab'ah or Sab'u Masajid is a complex of six historic and often visited small mosques in the city of Madinah. The complex consists of six mosques although the name "Sab'ah" means "seven", as it included the original Qiblatain Mosque. These mosques are located south of Mount Sala' which is where the Ahzab War took place.

Mount Uhud is a mountain north of Madinah, in the Hejazi region. It is 1,077 m high and 7.5 km long. It was the site of the second battle between the Prophet Muhammad and the polytheists of his Quraish tribe.

As usual, at the end of the trip we visited the Ladang Kurma where we bought varieties of kurma, Arabian chocolates and snacks.

No comments: