About Me

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 45 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 14 September 2024

Umrah Day 05: Makkah Free and Easy

“Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there’s no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again...” - Max Lucado

(Fajar prayers at the roof top)

Day 05: 23/08/24 (Friday)
Route: Makkah Free and Easy
Hotel: Pullman ZamZam Hotel

This morning we performed Subuh prayers at Masjidil Haram roof top. There were construction works at the roof top and the prayer area has become smaller. There was no carpet provided as the weather was unpredictable and it rains on most evenings.


(Taking the escalator to the roof top)
(The Clock Tower viewed from King Fahd Escalator exit)

Breakfast was at the Al Zahra Restaurant. We had a sumptuous and filling breakfast to last till after Juma'at prayers. We were in Masjidil Haram two and a half hours before the azan. It was already nearly full when we arrived.

(Back at the hotel for a short rest)
(Full house at the cafe at 7.00 am)
(Sweet dessert after a heavy meal)

After Juma'at prayers, we had Kembara beef rendang and pilaf rice for lunch plus hard-boiled eggs from breakfast. Later we had coffee and crunchies for dessert.

(Reciting the quran before Juma'at Prayers)
(The ladies section of Masjidil Haram)
(The men's prayer area)

Maghrib and Isya' prayers were performed at Masjidil Haram roof top where it was cooler and windy.

(Clear sky before sunset)
(Waiting for the Azan for Maghrib)
(The crowd at the roof top)

Dinner was again roti canai and beef curry at the Safwah Tower food court. Earlier before dinner, we purchased several abayas and jubah for the children and grand-children.

(Extra spicy lamb curry with roti canai)
(At our favorite restaurant)

No comments: