About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday 6 April 2023

06 Kembara Ramadhan - Krabi

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured...”

(Masjid Ao Nang Al- Munuawarah)

Day 06: Thursday, 6 April 2023
Location: Krabi free and easy
Hotel: J Mansion Krabi

(The iconic sword fish of Ao Nang Beach)
(Ao Nang beautiful beach)
(Taking a stroll along the beach)

Today is our rest day so after subuh prayers we slept the whole morning till noon.

In the afternoon we took a stroll along the walking streets and bought some souvenirs. Later we had an hour of therapeutic foot massage. Back in the hotel room we took a short nap till it was time to break fast.

(Colourful Walking Street)
(Pampering ourselves at Sukhothai Massage & Spa)
(Roti again for iftar)

Again we had roti pisang, roti peanut butter and roti Kelapa for iftar. Tonight we performed our Tarawih prayers at Masjid Aonang Al-Munawwarah, a short driving distance from our hotel. 

The grand traditional mosque has four towers, dramatic arched windows & golden onion domes.The mosque looks stunning from the outside especially at night. The prayer hall is spacious and cool. Along the Muslim Street nearby, there are many Muslim stalls selling food and drinks.

(Masjid al-Munuawarrah Ao Nang, Krabi)
(Views from outside and inside the mosque)
(Waiting for Tarawih prayers)
(The main prayer hall)
(The Muslimat prayer area)
(Stairs leading to upper prayer hall)
(A beautiful night in Krabi)

The street in front of Masjid Aonang Al-Munawwarah is known as 'Muslim Street' and is very popular in the evening hours, as it turns into a night market selling trinkets, clothes, shoes, souvenirs, fresh fruits and vegetables and delicious street food

After Tarawih prayers we walked to Jamai Halal Seafood Restaurant and bought Pad Thai and Nasi Goreng for sahur.

(Mr. James of J Mansion, an old friend)

No comments: