About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 1 April 2023

01 Kembara Ramadhan - Hat Yai

"Talent is nothing without education and discipline. And education and discipline is a talent in itself..." - Luke Campbell

(Nuruddeen Mosque Hat Yai)

Day 01: Saturday, 1 April 2023
Route: Kuala Lumpur - Hat Yai
Distance: 534 km
Hotel: Golden Crown Hotel, Hat Yai


For a week, hubby has been busy packing all the necessary things for our trip. And I have been busy ticking the checklists. No matter how thorough we are, there will always be items to stuff in our bags last minute.

We started from Bidara house about 8.00 am. Stopped for a rest break at Taiping Hentian Sebelah about 10.30 am. We drove non stop northbound. By 1.30 pm we reached Changlun and changed another Rm1.5k for B11,530 at the kedai kopi bawah pokok.

(The start of a 10-day Kembara Ramadhan)
(A rest stop at Taiping Hentian Sebelah)

Border crossing on Malaysian border was smooth. At the Thailand border, only drivers remained in the cars. Passengers had to get their passports stamped in the immigration terminal. About 2.30 pm we completed border clearing and paid a fee of B30.

In Danok we stopped at the roadside phone shop to top-up our Dtac Thailand hp for B200.

(Heavy traffic heading towards the border)
(Smooth border crossings on both borders)
(Entering Thailand on a beautiful clear day)

Drove direct to Nuruddeen Mosque Hat Yai also known as Na Khuan Lang Mosque for solat jamak Zohor/Asar. Masjid Nuruddeen is situated along the main road in Hat Yai city. It is conveniently located for travelers to stop by to pray and rest. The surrounding area and toilets and ablution areas are clean. There are a few halal eateries near the mosque but they were closed. We were early and the stalls will only be opened in the evening. This three storey mosque is spacious but parking area is quite limited.

(Masjid Nuruddeen in Hat Yai town)
(Solat Jamak Zohor/Asar)
(A mosque for musafir, spacious and clean)

We checked in Golden Crown Hotel at B800/night for two nights. We were disappointed that Khaled Restaurant, our favorite eatery next door was closed for renovations for the whole month of Ramadhan.

While I took a rest in the room, hubby walked to Centara Hotel Tunnel Market to pack murtabak ayam, roti pisang and kopiko for breaking of fast later.

(Buying murtabak ayam and roti pisang at Centara Tunnel Market) 
(Varieties of mouth-watering halal food at the night market)
(A cosy place for a simple iftar)

After Maghrib/Isya jamak prayers in the room, we drove to Masjid Nuruddeen Hat Yai about 5 km away to perform the Tarawih prayers. A brief tazkirah in Thai was delivered before the 21 rakaat prayers. It was full house tonight. I chose to pray on the upper level as it was cooler. The floor is not carpeted so almost everyone would bring their own sejadah.

(Night view of Nuruddeen Mosque)
(A tazkirah before Tarawih prayers)
(The muslimat at lower and upper floors)

We completed 8 rakaat followed by witir. We were back in the hotel around 10.15 pm. We rested well for the night and set the alarm for 3.45 am for sahur.

(Hotel Golden Crown Hat Yai, our lodging for the night)

2023 Kembara Ramadhan Vol 6👉👉

No comments: