About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 23 October 2017

Peru 2017: The famous and beautiful Inca ruins of Sacred Valley...

“A smile will gain you ten more years of life…” – Chinese Proverb

(A beautiful resort in Sacred Valley, Peru)

Day 08: Monday, 23 Oct 2017
Route: Sacred Valley – Chinchero - Cuzco
Hotel: Cuzco Eco Inn Hotel, Peru

The sky was beautifully clear this morning.

We spent time taking pictures of the The Sonesta Hotel Posadas del Inca Yucay. The resort is a former monastery in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. This upscale hotel is 4 km from the grand Plaza de Armas and 15 km from Eye of the Jaguar, the world's longest zip line.

Offering countryside or courtyard views, the refined rooms come with wood or tile floors. They also have a restaurant with a fireplace serves Peruvian cuisine and a free breakfast buffet. There's also a bar and a cafe. Additional amenities include a chapel and an Andean market, as well as several shops in the resort complex.

(A photo shot with the waitress)
(A local artist work of arts)

We checked out after breakfast and boarded the bus and travelled out of Sacred Valley and headed towards Cuzco. 

Sacred Valley was formed by the Urubamba River. It is fed by numerous tributaries which descend through adjoining valleys and gorges, and contains numerous archaeological remains and villages. The Sacred Valley was the most important area for maize production in the heartland of the Inca Empire and access through the valley to tropical areas facilitated the import of products such as coca leaf and chili peppers to Cuzco.

(The view of Sacred Valley and the mountain range)

The Sacred Valley contains many famous and beautiful Inca ruins. It was called the Sacred Valley because it contains some of the best land in the region and was not a part of the Empire but the property of the Emperor or Inca himself.

The town is named after the sacred river whose upper stretch is called the Vilcanota, that flows through the valley, on its way to Machu Picchu and eventually the Amazon jungle. The small town of Ollantaytambo at its base still has Inca houses, making Ollantaytambo the only Inca city that is still inhabited today.

πŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆ 2017: Chinchero, Peru
2017: Sacred Valley, Peru πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰

No comments: