About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Sunday 24 September 2023

Koh Samui Wet Trip: 01 Hatyai

 “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination...” - Albert Einstein

(A night in Hatyai)

Day 1: Sunday, 24 September 2023
Route: KL - Hat Yai 
Distance: 527 km
Hotel: Golden Crown Hotel, Hatyai

Started from Bidara house at 8.15 am. Had breakfast nasi lemak and roti canai at Restoran D'maju before we drove on PLUS highway towards north.

(Breakfast at Restoran D'Maju) 
(The start of the journey on a cloudy day)

The weather was bright this morning. We made a brief comfort stop at Simpang Pulai. Lunch was nasi, kari and  bawal goreng at Restoran Kak Mah and Abang Din in Juru. This small secluded restaurant was an alternative to the popular Restoran Bawal Goreng Ladang Sawit which was closed on Sundays.

(Comfort break at Petronas Simpang Pulai)
(An alternative eatery in Juru)
(Crispy ikan bawal goreng meal)

Solat stop at surau Plaza Tol Hutan Kampung. Later we drove direct to Bukit Kayu Hitam border. Completed border crossing process by 2.50 pm. Paid B30 at the immigration counter.

(The surau at Plaza Tol Hutan Kampung)
(The small town of Changlun)
(Border crossing at Bukit Kayu Hitam/Danok)

Checked in Golden Crown Hotel Hatyai at 5.10 pm local time. Took the tuk-tuk to Asean Night Bazaar. Bought some souvenirs. Had dinner at the upper floor of the bazaar. There are many halal food stalls and variety of dishes to cater for the Muslim tourists.

(Spacious room of Golden Crown Hotel)
(Renting a tuk-tuk to Asean Night Bazaar)
(Shopping heaven for tourists)
(Variety of clothes and souvenir shops)
(Street entertainer playing the flute)
(One of the many food stalls)
(Egg rice with soup and tomyam)

Later took the tuk tuk to Lee Gardens Walking Street for an hour of foot massage at Sawasdee. Shared a plate of pulut durian and a glass of teh halia from Haji stall. 

Walked back to our hotel for a good night rest.

(Petting zoo by the roadside)
(Lee Gardens Night Market)
(Foot massage at Sawasdee)

No comments: