About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 15 October 2013

2013 KQ2: 05 Chiang Mai

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength..." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

KEMBARA QURBAN 2


DAY 05: 15 OCT 2013 – TUEDAY
CHIANG MAI
SAMBUTAN HARI RAYA AIDIL ADHA

We woke up early and had our breakfast. It was a merry atmosphere in the lobby where everyone had donned their baju Hari Raya and jubah in celebration of Eid-Adha.

(All dressed up, ready to go to the mosque)
(A group photo with the ladies)


This morning the gang and family walked to the mosque to perform the Eid Adha prayer. We were still early but there was already a large crowd at the mosque. Even the ladies Prayer Hall was full.

(The Grand Mosque in Chiang Mai)
(A tazkirah before Eid prayers)
(The jemaah in the main prayer hall)
(The ladies prayer hall)

After the prayer we handed our donations to the Imam and later had a photo session in front of the mosque. There were many poor folks and children lining the roadside waiting for donations and sedekah from the jemaah masjid.

(Presenting a donation to the Imam)
(A group photo of the jemaah from Malaysia)
(Poor folks waiting for contributions)

The bikers gang and family took two tuk-tuk to the slaughter area a few km away from city center. There were altogether 15 bulls to be slaughtered here and we had our 2 goats for the Aqiqah being slaughtered in another place.

(All cramped in the small tuk-tuk)
(Zali and family)

While waiting for our turn to be called to witness the slaughtering, we had pulut with soup and home-made ice cream with bread. It was festivities of some sort where families from far and near gathered together picnicking and there was abundance of food to be consumed.

(Our bull, ready for the qurban)
(The Imam slaughtering our bull)
(Clean bones, good for making soup tulang)
(Abundance of food and drinks)
(A gathering of family and friends from far and near)

The whole afternoon was spent napping. Some went out to do last minute errands around town. By 0800 everyone gathered at the Muslim restaurant to have dinner with the family. We had arranged for the restaurant to cook some dishes from the qurban and aqiqah meat and tonight we had a good feast with the family.

Later some of us went for another round of full body massage. I had a strong oil massage which hurt my body all over. Hopefully by tomorrow the body will be rejuvenated, ready for another long tiring ride.

2013: Chiang Mai, Thailand ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: