About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 1 June 2013

2013 The China Road Silk: 11 Urumchi/Guangzhou

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us…” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Day 11: 01 June 2013
URUMCHI - GUANGZHOU

After breakfast we checked-out and went to the Airport for our 09:45 domestic flight to Guangzhou. At the Airport, we were again subjected to a thorough security screening. Our flight from Urumchi to Guangzhou took more than 4 hours and we slept most of the journey. In Guangzhou we were met by Chi Lee, our local tour guide.

(Civilized Guanzhou)

Guangzhou also known historically as Canton or Kwangchow, is the capital and largest city of the Guangdong province. Guangzhou, a prosperous metropolis full of vigor, is located along the south coastline of China. Being an excellent port on the Pearl River navigable to the South China Sea, and with fast accessibility to Hong Kong and Macau, the city serves as the political, economic, scientific, educational and cultural center in Guangdong area.

(The entrance to Huaisheng Mosque)
(The garden surrounding the mosque)

We had lunch at Abdullah Restaurant with dishes a little similar to our dishes back home. After lunch we visited maqam Saad bin Abi Waqas in Huaisheng Mosque, one of the oldest mosques in China. It is established for remembering Prophet Mohammed. So its name, Huaisheng, means 'remember the sage'.

(Beautiful stained glass windows in the courtyard)
(Signage at the entrance of the Mausoleum)
(The ladies with Imam Muda Ashraf)
(Maqam Saad bin Abi Waqas)

It is one of the four most well-known mosques in China, the other three being Yangzhou Crane Mosque, Quanzhou Kylin Mosque and Hangzhou Phoenix Mosque.

(Shopping spree at Beijing Street)

It was free and easy until 20:30 for a shopping expedition in Beijing Street which is equivalent to our Petaling Street or Jalan TAR.

(Hotel room in Royal Tulip Hotel)

After dinner we checked-in The Royal Tulip Carat Hotel for the night.

πŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆ 2013: Guangzhou/KL

No comments: