About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 13 April 2012

Bosnia/Croatia 2012: Visoco - The European pyramids...

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced..." - Lucille Ball

(Turquoise green river...)

Day 03: VLASIC MOUNTAIN/VISOCO PYRAMID/SARAJEVO
13/04/2012 (Friday)

After breakfast, we drove back towards Sarajevo via Visoco. The journey took an hour of winding mountainous road, made slippery with ice and sleet at certain parts.

(Mr Harris, our geologist guide...)
(Equipped with hard hats and torchlights...)
(Exploring the complex labyrinth...)

In Visoco we explored the underground labyrinth of the KTK tunnels, one entrance leading towards the Pyramid of the Sun and another towards the Pyramid of the Moon with many more site tunnels undiscovered.

(Pyramid of the sun from far...)
(A long walk to the conical pyramid...)

The Bosnian Pyramid in Visoco Mountain is the first pyramid discovered in Europe and even higher than that of the grand pyramid of Giza. The pyramid is situated in Central Europe and has the characteristics of a pyramid with 4 corners pointing to the cardinal points. There is a main entrance accessing the pyramid complex. Medieval ruins were also discovered on top of the pyramid, and claimed to be the administrative centre of the Bosnian King Tvrtko of Kotromanic (1338-1391).

(A panoramic view from the top...)
(A photo for the magazine...)

Because of the similarities to Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan in Mexico, this pyramid is also called “Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun” ('Bosanska Piramida Sunca'). There are another 4 ancient historical structures at the site, Bosnian Pyramid of the Moon ('Bosanska Piramida Mjeseca'), Bosnian Pyramid of the Dragon ( 'Bosanska Piramida Zmaja'), Bosnian Pyramid of the Love ('Bosanska Piramida Ljubavi') and Temple of the Earth ('Hram Zemlje'). Another 5 km from the pyramid complex, we visited and climbed the conical pyramid and took photos of the panoramic views from the hill top.

(Vibrant colors of flowers...)
(Fat furry sheeps grazing on the hill slope...)

Back in Sarajevo, we had a very late lunch at Inat Kuca Restaurant. The rest of the afternoon we had free time to walk through the open and closed bazaars. The Gazi Husrev Beg Bazaar is a closed bazaar similar but very much smaller than the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. It is situated at Bascarsija the heart of Sarajevo.

We spent the night in the Astra Garni Hotel, Sarajevo.

👈👈 2012: Sarajevo, Bosnia

No comments: