About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday 28 October 2010

Egypt 2010: Day 04 Aswan/Nile cruise - Popular sites around Aswan...

"Create your future from your future, not from your past..." - Werner Erhard

We checked out after breakfast. By 8am the luxury coach and our guide were already waiting to take us to interesting historic places around Aswan.

(By the pool side at Cornische Hotel)

The Unfinished Obelisk

(An obelisk, broken and abandoned)

Our first stop was to visit the unfinished obelisk, one of the most popular sites in ancient Aswan and provides immense insight into the stone working methods employed by the ancient Egyptians.

Philae Temple

We took a speed boat to The Temple dedicated to Goddess Isis constructed on the beautiful island of Philae.

(On a speed boat to Philae Island)

Philae Island was a rocky island in the middle of the River Nile, south of Aswan. It was called in Hieroglyphic "Apo" which means Ivory.

(Ancient drawings on the wall)
(An ancient building on the island)

It was also known by the Greek "Elephantine", most probably because it was an important centre of trade, especially for ivory.

The High Dam

We visited The Aswan High Dam, one of the biggest dam in the world. It is the largest of the two dams, both of which are situated across the Nile River. The Aswan High Dam, when it was built created Lake Nasser which stretches back 270 km and cut across Egypt and Sudan.

(By the Aswan High Dam)

So far this trip looks like a trip for the rich and famous with our own dedicated limousines, luxury coach and speed boat attended by personalised tour guides just for the two of us.

At noon we checked in the Armada cruise boat and had our lunch on lower deck.

The ship only started cruising at 8pm. We had so much of free time till then. It was hot to go for a walk. There were full of half naked mat sallehs on the deck trying to get a sun tan. So we went back to our cabin to rest till it was time for dinner.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beyond any doubt blog with beneficial informations.

Nong (Maimon Mohd Top) said...

You are welcome. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Have a DYNAMITE day my friend!

Anonymous said...

О! Hei, aku mencoba ke email Anda berkaitan dengan posting ini tapi aren t mampu menjangkau Anda?. Silakan e-mail saya ketika mendapatkan beberapa saat. Terima kasih.

Anonymous said...

This was pretty provided that there are a lot of out there just waiting for the right.

Anonymous said...

Very nice indeed I’ll probably download it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!I’ve been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work! Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Noriah said...

Nong,
Your blog is forever informative and interesting, just read all the comments from numerous anonymous...proud of you...just keep Virgil take care of you mom....
I know how are feeling right now......whisper all the loving words you want to tell her....insyaAllah she'll hear you....

B